Find in files in Visual Studio: all lines in files that contain 'abc' but don't contain 'xyz'
Alex Vinokur
2011-02-02 09:04:54 UTC
Hi,

Visual Studio 2005

I need to find all lines in files that contain 'abc' but don't contain
'xyz'.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Alex
Alex Vinokur
2011-02-02 11:01:26 UTC
It should work something like grep in Unix"
grep abc *.* | grep -v xyz
Simon Trew
2013-01-15 08:51:23 UTC
Post by Alex Vinokur
Hi,
Visual Studio 2005
I need to find all lines in files that contain 'abc' but don't contain
'xyz'.
Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Alex
regular expressions in the find winsdow. Find in Files, click for Regular expressions on, in the search term abc and not xyz. The regular expression syntax in that window is not the same as e.g. in perl, and that is why deliberately I don't type the characters, cos I'll have it wrong. But abc&&!xyz should be close, follow the help from control shift f.